Our cutting-edge equipment
- Our 22 brand new, latest generation, cutting-edge NIKKISO DBB 07 systems, which can offer online filtration, cater to the needs of haemodialysis patients.
- Water is treated using a double reverse osmosis and deionisation system, using water from our very own tanks to ensure complete autonomy.
- We also have a generator to free the Centre from reliance on the national grid.
Our services’ certified safety
- Meteora NEPHROLIFE has obtained certification from an internationally recognised body and implements the ISO 9001:2008 standard.
- Meteora NEPHROLIFE has commissioned a consultant to obtain TEMOS medical services certification, focusing on international patient care and medical tourism.
- All services are provided in accordance with internationally recognised standards.
- The haemodialysis water treatment system was built, and is managed and maintained by TEMAK S.A. which holds the ISO 9001:2008 certification and in 2007 it also acquired international certification for CE MEDICAL haemodialysis water treatment systems. Since 2011, it has been improving its environmental performance across its entire range of activities, having put in place an environmental management system certified in accordance with the ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- Medical waste is managed and disposed of by Hydroclave Hellas, the exclusive agent for Hydroclave system technology in Greece, which too has ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certification for the “Sterilisation of infectious only medical waste”.
- At the same time, our highly trained and highly experienced medical and nursing staff guarantee exacting levels of safety for our patients.
Our experienced medical and nursing staff
Meteora NEPHROLIFE is staffed by highly experienced medical and nursing personnel.
Dr. Nikolaos Tsianas
Meteora NEPHROLIFE’s Scientific Director is Dr. Nikolaos Tsianas, nephrologist and former coordinating director of the Artificial Kidney Unit at the General Hospital of Trikala.
Dr. Dimitrios Liakos
Dimitrios Liakos, nephrologist, and doctoral candidate at the University of Ioannina, holds the post of Assistant Director.
Head of Nursing
Head of Nursing is Alexia Tsiami, former head nurse at the Artificial Kidney Unit of the General Hospital of Trikala.
Meteora NEPHROLIFE also enjoys the round-the-clock support of a group of cardiologists and pathologists, a pulmonologist, a microbiologist, a radiologist, plus the Centre also has access to the services of the Euromedica Diagnostic Centre.
All nursing staff have appropriate experience acquired at similar units.
- Free meal after haemodialysis, chosen in cooperation with a dietician
- Sequential compression device to avoid cramping
- Wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi)
- Ample, spacious car park for cars and coaches
- 9-seater vehicle for transfers to/from the Centre
- Canteen for patients and their companions
- Comfortable, luxurious waiting room for companions
- A dedicated TV with a selection of channels, plus your very own earphones
- Phone line
- Ambulance offering 24-hour coverage to meet patients’ needs